The Real Estate Department hires student workers and teaching assistants for both Undergraduate and MBA courses as needed by the faculty. The following information addresses questions you may have regarding how to properly apply for a position.
If you are interested in being hired as a student worker or teaching assistant, please follow these required steps:
- Contact the prospective professor for whom you would work.
- Once the professor has agreed to hire you as a teaching assistant or student worker, contact the following staff member for direction on next steps and to sign your offer letter.
- For student workers or teaching assistants: Contact Diane Deissroth, Real Estate Department Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-898-0929. Her office is 451 Vance Hall.
- The checklist below detail the documentation requirements for hiring students at the University of Pennsylvania. To avoid payroll processing delays, please bring all relevant documents to Onboard@Penn, 3425 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. This includes appropriate ID for I-9 verification.
Description Student Worker Graduate Teaching Assistant Undergrad Teaching Assistant Signed Offer Letter x x x I-9 Online*
(List of required documentation)
x x x W-4 x x x SS Card (for new hires only) x x x Voluntary Self-ID form x x x Direct Deposit Online* x x x
International Students must complete the FNIF and submit a copy of their visa, passport, I-94 Card, Form I-20 and Social Security Card. If you do not have a Social Security number, you will need to obtain one as soon as possible so your employee records can be completed. See https://global.upenn.edu/isss/ssn.
Exempt Non-Resident Aliens may be eligible for a Tax Treaty. Please visit Penn’s Payroll Tax Office once you have a valid SSN.
- For instructions on how to complete the I-9* click here.
- The instructions on how to sign up for direct deposit** can be found at this link: www.finance.upenn.edu/comptroller/payroll/receiving_your_pay.shtml . If you do not sign up for Direct Deposit, you will automatically receive a “pay card” by default to your address on file.
- Once your payroll record is active you can print your own pay stubs at the following site under “My Pay” at: http://email@example.com. Once your bank information is submitted and verified, Direct Deposit will become the method of payment. Direct Deposit always overrides the “ADP Aline®” Card.
- Weekly Timesheets (hourly paid students): As a non-exempt weekly paid worker you will enter your time in Workday@Penn in order to be paid on time. See Workday@Penn for Student Workers for more information on how to submit your weekly timesheets.
Real Estate Department
The Wharton School,
University of Pennsylvania
4th floor Vance Hall
3733 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6301
Fax: (215) 573-2220